RECLAIM YOUR LEADERSHIP VITALITY
Building Resilience in a World of Relentless Demands
What competitive advantage is your organization missing?
It’s no wonder there is so much organizational resistance to change, growth and innovation if on a personal level it leaves your people feeling unhealthy, unhappy, and frazzled. The good news is there is now clear evidence of leaders working within the same environments, under the same pressures who instead meet the overwhelm by breathing a sense of curiosity, aliveness and enthusiasm into their people and projects. Their choices and practices help them respond in a more resilient way by proactively establishing boundaries, taking the time to recharge, digitally disconnecting, being kinder to themselves and promoting the wellbeing of others. As a leadership strategist, researcher and executive coach, Sara can spot the difference immediately;
One leader radiates Vitality while the other is depleted of it. Which type of leader are you?
The research is unmistakable; these “Vitality Ambassadors” positively influence relationships, productivity and profitability. Drawing on scientific evidence as well as her current work with leaders ranging from entrepreneurs to lawyers, financial bankers to healthcare workers, Sara will highlight some of the most promising research demonstrating how anyone can increase their Leadership Vitality to face each day with strength, energy, presence, and enthusiasm, whether at work or at home. In this keynote, audiences will leave with new insights, inspiration and practical strategies to increase resilience, better manage their work/life balance and lead others in highly demanding environments, including:
- How to cultivate their Leadership Vitality by making (better) choices that strengthen and sustain them, their relationships and their foothold on success;
- Identify Vitality Vampires and Peak Vitality Moments to reengineer how they approach, and practice Work/Life balance;
- Learn a 5-pronged approach; E.A.S.E™ to combat stress and strengthen personal resilience; and
- Strategies to become a Vitality Ambassador to lead others through distraction, disruption and relentless demands.
WELCOME TO THE RECOVERY REVOLUTION
The science of powering down to power up!
The scientific evidence is indisputable; recharging brainpower, replenishing physical energy, and intentionally providing mental and emotional reprieve is crucial to excel, connect with those most important to us, and contribute to the world in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, we often respond in the opposite way by sacrificing rest and renewal as a strategy to cope with the increasing demands on our time, energy and attention. While this may have worked in the past, yesterday’s approaches are not enough to meet the needs of today. The happiest, healthies and highest performing people of tomorrow will be those who practice and prioritize recovery by choice, not chance.
Stress is part of life, but it shouldn’t be a way of life.
In this keynote, Sara Ross will share scientifically backed, game-changing strategies based on the physiology of unmanaged stress and its impact on results and relationships. She will discuss how top performing “Energy Guardians”, don’t just work smarter but they also rest better. Building off her ten years of studying the neuroscience of emotional intelligence and mounting evidence showing the impact of vitality on relationships, performance, and leadership, Sara will show how everyday people working in high-stress, high-expectation environments such as hospital administrators, air traffic controllers and tech engineers, have become some of the best in their field by changing how they power down to more impactfully power up.
It’s time to join the recovery revolution in service of doing your best work and living your fullest life.
Audiences will leave with practical and easy-to-implement strategies while feeling motivated by new insights and fresh perspectives including:
- Redefining what it means to practice restoration by examining the two biggest misconceptions people have around recovery; that slowing down is the only way to refill energy and that the absence of work is the same as the presence of recovery;
- Analyzing a personal Recovery Index to identify energy leaks and opportunities for increasing energy amplifiers;
- Identifying the three critical factors that must be managed to practice recovery in the most time-starved, expectation-heavy environments; and
- Exploring strategies to manage the ultimate energy robber, Digital Depletion.
In partnership with
The missing ingredient behind building a highly engaged organizational culture.
What causes smart leaders and rising stars to plateau, or even worse, fail? Alternatively, what makes an exceptional leader?
Surprisingly, both often have the same answer; Emotional Intelligence.
During her time as the Vice President of Innovation, Research and Leadership Training at IHHP she oversaw their proprietary EI360 assessment delivered to over 80,000 people. Sara will share IHHP’s findings as well as real-life examples from her coaching and consulting work across a diverse set of industries to help audiences:
- Identify the key behaviors that drives exceptional leadership and performance.
- Understand the brain science of emotions that drives their (and others) behavior under pressure.
- Learn an emotional management strategy to respond more skillfully as pressure, tension and complexity increases.
- Gain new insights into empathy with a model to effectively and authentically connect with others even in the most pressure-filled situations building trusting relationships and driving business outcomes.
SARA CAN CUSTOMIZE THE KEYNOTE TO ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Sales & Customer Service
- Collaboration & Engagement
- Disruption & Change
- Women Leading with Emotional Intelligence
For Sara’s additional keynote topics offered in partnership with IHHP please click here: https://www.ihhp.com/sara-ross/
Powerfully integrating cutting-edge research with real-life examples of success and failure from both her work with leaders from across the globe as well as her own learning experiences, Sara Ross translates the science of leadership into actionable strategies transforming the way people succeed at work and thrive in life.
Sara will engage audiences, inspire conversation and most importantly, create a blueprint for true change with actionable strategies that positively and immediately shift results and lift relationships.
Alternate Approaches Deeper Learning
Breakout Learning Sessions
Panel Discussions or “Fireside Leader-to-Leader Chats”
“Power Talks” with Q&A
Interviews for follow-up articles and podcasts
On-site Group Training or Coaching
See what people are saying about Sara’s keynotes
I do not say this lightly - Sara is one of the THE MOST engaging speakers I have ever listened to. I have heard her speak three times and every time I learn something new but even more notable, I am taken in by her openness, energy and insight. I promise you can count on Sara to over-deliver.
Within the hour Sara made us laugh, reflect and stirred a deep emotion that won’t be forgotten anytime soon. Sara’s insights were the thread that connected the rest of the conference, it was awesome!
- Women in Engineering Conference Organizer
Today I was challenged by Sara’s message. Mistakes are not something I accept very well (nor do I often admit), and perfection is often the expectation I have. Today you made me realize a goal of excellence is far more powerful then perfection. Our goals don’t need to change but how we get there could use some work (crisis versus opportunity). Thank you Sara for challenging my beliefs and approaches with your presentation today!
- Minneapolis Hospital Executive
Would I recommend Sara Ross? Are you kidding - I want to be her! Seriously, Sara was awesome!!! She was so real and authentic that I felt like I was in a 1-1 conversation with her not sitting in the audience. Some of the stories she told and examples she shared were so relatable I felt like they were about me! She gave me a game plan to use with my team, thanks Sara!
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation