Igniting the Vitality Factor
Taking Leadership to the Next Level in an On-Demand World
WHAT COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IS YOUR ORGANIZATION MISSING?
In this keynote, Sara Ross will share the missing piece of the success equation that all too often is over-looked and under-valued. The thing that not only fuels people and organizations but amplifies their emotional and intellectual abilities, while strengthening their capacity to buffer the impact of stress. This key piece is what Sara calls the Vitality Factor.
This isn’t just about stress management, time management or simply sleeping more and working less. This is about strategy. How to move performance and leadership to the next level in an on-demand world where an abundance of information, distractions, and expectations are unrelentingly pulling on time, energy and attention.
The research is clear, how an organization manages that vitality factor will either burn their people out or allow them to burn bright and bring their best work forward.
WHICH TYPE OF LEADER DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION WANT?
Sara will leave audiences with fresh insights, practical know-how and the inspiration to make things happen as she shares how to implement the right kind of vitality boosting practices to help leaders show-up day after day with energy, focus and enthusiasm, including:
- The three biggest misconceptions leading to over-stressed, under-fueled brains and how this deceivingly influences decisions, effectiveness and performance impact;
- A Key Vitality Indicator (KVI) system to identify the tipping point where more work becomes counterproductive and healthy challenge becomes unhealthy stress;
- A Brain C.A.R.E. Scorecard to identify capacity drainers (including email and meeting depletion), and how to re-engineer practices that expand productive vitality ranges;
- Insights to help leaders shift from inadvertently being a Vitality-Depleter to a positive Vitality Ambassador by multiplying each of these practices across teams and workplaces.
WELCOME TO THE ENERGY REVOLUTION
The Science of Powering Up in Life and Leadership
The scientific evidence is indisputable; recharging brainpower, replenishing physical energy, and intentionally providing mental and emotional reprieve is crucial to excel, connect with those most important to us, and contribute to the world in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, we often respond in the opposite way by sacrificing rest and renewal as a strategy to cope with the increasing demands on our time, energy and attention. While this may have worked in the past, yesterday’s approaches are not enough to meet the needs of today. The happiest, healthies and highest performing people of tomorrow will be those who practice and prioritize recovery by choice, not chance.
Stress is part of life, but it shouldn’t be a way of life.
In this keynote, Sara Ross will share scientifically backed, game-changing strategies based on the physiology of unmanaged stress and its impact on results and relationships. She will discuss how top performing “Energy Guardians”, don’t just work smarter but they also rest better. Building off her ten years of studying the neuroscience of emotional intelligence and mounting evidence showing the impact of vitality on relationships, performance, and leadership, Sara will show how everyday people working in high-stress, high-expectation environments such as hospital administrators, air traffic controllers and tech engineers, have become some of the best in their field by changing how they power down to more impactfully power up.
It’s time to join the recovery revolution in service of doing your best work and living your fullest life.
Audiences will leave with practical and easy-to-implement strategies while feeling motivated by new insights and fresh perspectives including:
- Redefining what it means to practice restoration by examining the two biggest misconceptions people have around recovery; that slowing down is the only way to refill energy and that the absence of work is the same as the presence of recovery;
- Analyzing a personal Recovery Index to identify energy leaks and opportunities for increasing energy amplifiers;
- Identifying the three critical factors that must be managed to practice recovery in the most time-starved, expectation-heavy environments; and
- Exploring strategies to manage the ultimate energy robber, Digital Depletion.
The Future of Leadership
How Workplaces Thrive in a Pressure Economy
In a world defined by unrelenting pressure, it’s not surprising that a 2018 StressPulse survey found almost 60% of people reported being “highly stressed.”
This gap inspired Sara Ross to conduct a global survey, across dozens of industries, and throughout all levels of business to focus on answering one critical question:
What do you need in a leader?
Whether a seasoned executive, middle manager or a driven individual performer, in this keynote you will learn that the answers to this question are grounded in the practices of emotional intelligence. Building on cutting-edge insights from the fields of business, mindfulness, positive psychology and neuroscience, as well as her latest research, Sara will share:
- The top three drivers of leadership excellence and the mindsets that separate the best from the rest;
- How the brain influences performance, relationships and emotional energy in today’s pressure-filled workplaces;
- An in-the-moment strategy to respond more skillfully in difficult situations to increase perspective, focus and calm;
- A practical, yet counterintuitive approach to strengthening the skill of empathy and influence without exhausting yourself!
SARA CAN CUSTOMIZE THE KEYNOTE TO ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Sales & Customer Service
- Collaboration & Engagement
- Disruption & Change
- Women Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Powerfully integrating cutting-edge research with real-life examples of success and failure from both her work with leaders from across the globe as well as her own learning experiences, Sara Ross translates the science of leadership into actionable strategies transforming the way people succeed at work and thrive in life.
Sara will engage audiences, inspire conversation and most importantly, create a blueprint for true change with actionable strategies that positively and immediately shift results and lift relationships.
Alternate Approaches Deeper Learning
Breakout Learning Sessions
Panel Discussions or “Fireside Leader-to-Leader Chats”
“Power Talks” with Q&A
Interviews for follow-up articles and podcasts
On-site Group Training or Coaching
See what people are saying about Sara’s keynotes
I do not say this lightly - Sara is one of the THE MOST engaging speakers I have ever listened to. I have heard her speak three times and every time I learn something new but even more notable, I am taken in by her openness, energy and insight. I promise you can count on Sara to over-deliver.
Within the hour Sara made us laugh, reflect and stirred a deep emotion that won’t be forgotten anytime soon. Sara’s insights were the thread that connected the rest of the conference, it was awesome!
- Women in Engineering Conference Organizer
Today I was challenged by Sara’s message. Mistakes are not something I accept very well (nor do I often admit), and perfection is often the expectation I have. Today you made me realize a goal of excellence is far more powerful then perfection. Our goals don’t need to change but how we get there could use some work (crisis versus opportunity). Thank you Sara for challenging my beliefs and approaches with your presentation today!
- Minneapolis Hospital Executive
Would I recommend Sara Ross? Are you kidding - I want to be her! Seriously, Sara was awesome!!! She was so real and authentic that I felt like I was in a 1-1 conversation with her not sitting in the audience. Some of the stories she told and examples she shared were so relatable I felt like they were about me! She gave me a game plan to use with my team, thanks Sara!
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation